Everything you need to know about German Permanent Residence Permit
Certain about making a country shift in Germany? Explore and find out some fascinating tips that can help you acquire the Permanent Residency In Germany easily.
Everything About Getting a Permanent Residency In Germany
“Making a big life change is pretty scary. You know what is even scarier? Regret.” -Adam Gopnik
Permanent residency status is required whether you live in India or abroad. So before moving outside India you need to make sure that you have a permanent residency permit in that particular country. Making a country shift in Germany is quite an apt yet exciting decision. Germany is a country having varied cultures, a high standard of living, a clean environment, and fantastic job opportunities. As you enter Germany, you will receive a warm welcome from the locals that give you homely vibes.
Germany is eager to onboard international students, interns, and passionate job seekers. If you want to work in the country you need to acquire your permanent residency in Germany. But what is a German residence permit and how to acquire that? You will have the answer to all your queries at the end of this article.
Germany Settlement Permit- An Overview:
Visiting Germany to explore or settle? Well in both situations the German government has got options for you. If you have a job offer and want to work as well as settle in the country you will require a permanent residency in Germany. Also known as the Germany settlement permit, it allows the residents to stay in the country for a period longer than 90 days. If you are from an EU country, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, and Lichtenstein you don’t need a permit for that. Except these all other residents coming from countries foreign to Germany need to apply for a Germany settlement permit.
On the other hand, if you have visited Germany just to explore and enjoy you don’t need a permit. You can easily enjoy your trip under a tourist visa. The visa allows you to stay in Germany for 90 days and not more than that. The question is why is permanent residency in Germany required? Here are some of the benefits you might want to know about:
- German permanent residency allows you to stay in the country for a limitless period.
- The Germany settlement permit allows you to avail of German citizenship even if you are not born in Germany.
- You don’t have to worry about the expiry or extension of the permit.
- You can easily travel and move to EU/EEA countries with the permit.
- Getting a Germany settlement permit provides you the safety in terms of social security, healthcare, medical help, unemployment, and sickness.
- You can easily bring your family including your spouse and children below years if you have the permit.
Who Are Entitled To Get The Permit?
If you feel that the benefits are captivating, then you need to qualify for the mandatory conditions to obtain a Germany settlement permit. Let’s have a look at the pointers:
- A working experience of at least two years in Germany after graduation
- You must have a residence permit during your work tenure, or you must be an EU blue card holder
- In your work experience, you should have paid your pension insurance without any defaults
- You must also have a clean criminal record i.e. non-involvement in any illegal activities or crimes
Besides meeting the whole eligibility criteria, you are also required to have all your legal supporting documents. Here is a list of all the documents that you need to present in order to get the Germany settlement permit.
- A valid passport
- Acceptable certificate of German language [B1 level]
- A clean criminal record
- Proper record of health insurance (current and paid). This is to ensure that you are healthy and will have no hindrances while working
- Proof of financial security that will exhibit that you can survive in the country. The documents can be bank statements and tax returns
- A job offer with a description from your employer
- To make sure that your spouse lives with you, a marriage certificate is required
- Evidence stating your accommodation in Germany
- 2- biometric photos
How Can I Apply For A Permanent Residency In Germany:
To ensure the successful application of your Germany settlement permit you need to make sure that you fulfill each step. Here is a complete step-by-step application procedure:
The first and foremost thing is to register your German address with the officials.
Once you complete the registration, you will get a successful registration certificate which you need to attach.
You need to have health insurance before applying for a Germany settlement permit. Get yours with a german company only.
To justify your financial stability you will have to present bank account statements, so if you don't have an account open one.
After all these steps are done, you can finally proceed to get an application form.
Set up an appointment as soon as you collect the application form.
Fill out the entire form with the signature and the documents attached. Print the form as handwritten forms are not accepted.
You will have a 10-minute interview where the officer shall check your file. If everything is fine, your permit shall be processed.
The final decision of whether you have received the Germany settlement permit or not needs 2-3 weeks to get processed. If it gets rejected, you need to fill out another one and contemplate the mistakes you made in the earlier one. If you are unsure of the procedures, 2COMS Group can help and support you in every step. Navigate and explore our IndieTalent section where you get easy and hassle-free solutions for making a shift to Germany.
Germany is a country surrounded by rich history demonstrated by castles, monuments, and exquisite nature. The country invites a number of job opportunities in healthcare, IT, hospitality, software development, and other fields. A place with scenic beauty and a preferable job, what else do you need.
How much is the cost for applying for a Germany settlement permit?
Generally, the cost is around €113. In the case of a freelancer or self-employed, the cost is €124 and for highly-qualified professionals, it is €147.
Can my Germany settlement permit expire?
Yes it can. If you leave Germany for a period of more than 6 months your Germany settlement permit shall expire.
Can I work in the EU countries with permanent residency in Germany?
No. You cannot work in other European countries showing your Germany settlement permit. You will have to apply for residency in that particular country.
After how many years can I apply for German citizenship?
After 8 years of permanent residency in Germany, you can apply for German citizenship.
Can I apply for permanent residency in Germany if I have a student visa?
No. You are not eligible to apply for a Germany settlement permit on a student visa. As living as a student doesn’t count as your residency time in Germany.